Thomson House Bar Options
1) Cash bar - Everyone pays their own drinks.
2) Full Open bar - Everyone order any beverage they want on your dime. There is no flat rate system for an open bar, you would be charged for exactly what gets ordered by your guests
3) Ticket Bar - everyone has a set number of tickets, redeemable for whatever you as the hosts decide to make them good for
a) Basic - Tickets are redeemable for 1/2 pints of beer, glasses of wine, soft drinks, or juice. Average ticket cost for this system is approximately $5.40 after tax and gratuity.
b) Basic + Rail – Tickets are redeemable for the items noted above, plus basic mixed drinks, i.e. Rum & Coke, Gin & Tonic, Rye & Ginger, etc. Average ticket cost for this system is approximately $6.50 after tax and gratuity.
c) Full - Tickets are redeemable for anything at the bar. With this ticket system there is no average cost since they can order anything they want.
4) Limited Open Bar - Guests can take certain drinks on the hosts tab, usually the same drinks available with 3a or 3b, but pay cash if they want the higher end liquors and cocktails
5) Open Bar Cash Limited - You set a dollar limit on the open bar and guests take whatever drinks they want while we keep track of what they take on the computer system, until the pre-arranged limit is reached. Limits can also be placed on this system as with options 3 and 4, extending the life of the cash limit on the open bar system.
With ticket or limited open bar systems, once the tickets are used, or the limits are reached, we will switch to a Cash Bar system so guests can purchase drinks.
**Please note all bar option systems are subject to a 15% gratuity based on the pre-tax amount of the bill**